Bug Club Magazine
December 2014 Bug Club Magazine cover showing a fifth instar nymph of the Spiny Flower Mantis, Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi
The Bug Club Magazine (BCM) is for children interested in insects and other related animals. The BCM is published six times a year and contains:
- exciting articles on all sorts of "creepy crawlies"
- details of events members can attend
- fun things to do and make
- games to play
- a colour section featuring pictures and drawings by Bug Club members
- competitions and awards
The Magazine is aimed at members aged between 5 and 15, the average reading age for most articles being approximately 10. Members receive the Bug Club Magazine in February, April, June, August, October and December each year.
The Bug Club welcomes submissions from all members. You can send your pictures or articles to our postal address or contact us by email. We have a set of guidelines for authors if you wish to write a full article for the Bug Club Magazine.
We are unable to send out free/example copies of the Bug Club Magazine. As a charity run by unpaid volunteers we cannot support the cost of sending out free copies to non-members as this is prohibitively expensive. Please consider supporting our society by becoming a member. That way you'll get the Bug Club Magazine and all the other benefits of membership.
Contents of the most recent issue (December 2014)
- Notices for Bug Clubbers
- Life inside a gall by David Lonsdale
- Award Winners 2014
- Caves, breeding ground for the strangest creatures by Zach Fitzner
- Are all colourful spiders show-offs? by Geoff Oxford
- Thoughts of an Old Bug Hunter by David Keen
- Drawings to colour in
- Bug Club membership information
The Bug Club is jointly supported by the Amateur Entomologists' Society and the British Entomological and Natural History Society.