Global Conference on Entomology 2013
08 November 2013 - 12 November 2013
Location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
The 2nd Global conference on Entomology will be held from November 8-12, 2013 in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. The major objective of the conference is to showcase recent advances in entomological research and development in the insect world. The skills and knowledge of entomologists are needed worldwide helping farmers to produce crops and livestock more efficiently through sound pest management strategies, fighting to save endangered species and fragile ecosystems, and preventing insects from spreading agents that cause serious diseases.
The following are the technical sessions:
- Insect taxonomy and systematics including geography
- Insect ecology-population dynamics, climate change
- Insect toxicology: insecticide efficacy and resistance
- Insect behaviour and physiology
- Insect Molecular Genetics, Molecular biology and biotechnology
- Insect Biochemistry and physiology
- Insect Pathology and biological control
- Insects as vectors of crop diseases
- Public health, medical and veterinary entomology
- Forest entomology
- Useful and beneficial insects-sericulture, apiculture, resin culture
- Insects as bioresources-food, nutraceuticals, medicine and environmental health markers
- Insect Quarantine and SPS issues
- Insect pest management
- Biotechnological/Innovative Approaches in insect pest management
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: Global Conference on Entomology
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.