March 2015 Bulletin cover showing a Thrift Clearwing Pryopteron muscaeformis.
The Bulletin of the Amateur Entomologists' Society is the Society's high-quality, house journal. Published four times a year, the journal contains articles written by members on all aspects of entomology.
The Society is keen to maintain high standards for the Bulletin and welcomes submissions from all members. If you wish to discuss a potential topic for an article, please contact us.
We are unable to send out free/example copies of the Bulletin. The AES is a registered charity and the cost of sending out free copies to non-members is prohibitively expensive. Please consider supporting our society by becoming a member. That way you'll get the Bulletin and all the other benefits of membership.
Contents of the most recent issue (March 2015)
- Society Matters
- Rearing the Silver-striped Hawk-moth Hippotion celerio throughout the year on an unusual food plant - Betts, B.
- Letter from Spain - 27th in a series - an interesting case of nest sharing in the Hymenoptera - Keen, D.
- Obituary - B. O. C. (Brian) Gardiner - Gardiner, C. & Lonsdale, D.
- A Caterpillar of the Large White Pieris brassicae in January - Partridge, R.
- Iridescence: Exploring the Colours of some Butterflies and Beetles - Tilley, R. J. D.
- Obituary - Frank Botterill - Beaumont, H. E.
- Avoidance of Parasite Attack by Red Admiral Butterfly Vanessa atalanta - McClenaghan, I.
- Letters: Re: Paradichlorobenzene: Sad loss or overrated?
- McCleery, C. H.
- Weir, J. C.
- Dickson, R.
- Partridge, R.
- Book Review: Dragonflies (Lewis, D.)
- Book Review: The Insects - An Outline of Entomology - Fifth Edition (Lewis, D.)
- Book Review: The Braconid and Ichneumonoid Parasitoid Wasps - biology, systematics, evolution and ecology (Lewis, D.)
- Book Review: Insect Histology - practical laboratory techniques (Lewis, D.)