AES Visit to Portsmouth Museum
19 October 2019 11:00 - 16:00
Location: Cumberland House Natural History Museum, Eastern Parade, Portsmouth, PO4 9RF, UK.
This is an autumn visit to see the natural history collections at Portsmouth Museum, led by Christine Taylor.
- 10.45 - 11.00: Arrive at Cumberland House - tea and coffee (free parking in road)
- 11.00: Welcome and housekeeping (Christine Taylor, Curator of Natural History)
- 11.05am - 11.40: Talk - Wild about Portsmouth Project and Portsmouth's Insect Collections (Christine Taylor)
- 11.45am - 12.30: Bug hunt / earthworm survey in garden of Cumberland House (members of the public to be invited to join us)
- 12.35 - 13.00: Tour of Cumberland House - including the Butterfly House and the observational beehive (Christine Taylor & Rob Douglas, Natural History Collections Assistant)
- 13.00 - 13.30: Lunch break (bring packed lunch, tea and coffee provided)
- 13.40 - 14.00: Travel to Hilsea Store (wear warm clothing)
- 14.00 - 14.10: Hilsea Store housekeeping / signing in (free parking on site /road) directions will be sent nearer the date
- 14.10 - 15.15: Portsmouth Museums Natural History Collections (focus on Entomology Collections and work on them to date)
- 15.15 - 15.30: Coffee / tea
Event URL: http://portsmouthnaturalhistory.co.uk
Event contact details
Contact name: Dafydd Lewis
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is organised by the AES.
For further information please refer to the printed publications you have received (if you are a member) or contact us.
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.