Dipterists Day 2020
21 November 2020 10:30 - 13:20
The Dipterist Day is open to members and non-members. Join us to find out more about the Darwin Tree of Life project and two new fly recording schemes. For programme details and to register for free.
- 10:30 - Welcome and orientation [Zoe Adams (NHM)]
- 10:40 - Darwin tree of life project; Sampling plans and progress so far. [Lyndall Pereira (NHM)]
- 11:00 - Darwin tree of life project: Molecular techniques. [Mara Lawniczak (Sanger Institute)]
- 11:20 - Coffee break
- 11:50 - Darwin tree of life project: implications for UK Diptera. [Zoe Adams (NHM)]
- 12:10 - First insights from the Sarcophagidae Recording Scheme [Daniel Whitmore (Stuttgart Museum), Nigel Jones (DF) & Charles Griffiths (DF)]
- 12:30 - New Rhinophoridae recording scheme. [Ryan Mitchell (Oxford Museum)]
- [tbc12:50] - [Brickopore workshop: All your DNA sequencing questions answered through the medium of Lego! http://brickopore.co.uk/] [Andie Hall (NHM)]
- 12:50 or 13:20 - Closing remarks [Zoe Adams (Organiser) & Rob Wolton (DF Chair)]
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: Dipterists Forum
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.