British Dragonfly Society Annual Meeting and AGM 2022
12 November 2022 09:30 - 16:30
The British Dragonfly Society Annual Meeting and AGM 2022 is open to anyone with an interest in dragonflies and wetland conservation.
The day will be hosted on Zoom, registered attendees will receive the link for the event on Zoom via email near the time.
- 9:30 - Welcome
- 9:45 - Reshaping the Coastline for our Future ~ Alys Laver, Steart Marshes Site Manager
- 10:15 - Urban Wetlands for Wellbeing ~ Andy Graham (WWT Senior Project Manager)
- 10:45 - Dragonflies of Llangorse Lake ~ Keith Noble (BDS County Dragonfly Recorder for Breconshire)
- 11:15 - Break
- 11:30 - Q&A with morning speakers
- 12:00 - BDS Staff Update
- 12:30 - Meet our new Conservation Outreach Officer, Lauren Kennedy
- 13:00 - AGM
- 13:30 - Lunch
- 14:15 - A common endosymbiotic bacterium led to reduced genetic diversity in the Common Blue-tailed Damselfly (Ischnura elegans) ~ Junchen Deng (Lund University)
- 14:45 - Willow Emeralds in the Winter - Extending Dragonfly Recording To Every Season! ~ Ian Merrill (BDS County Dragonfly Recorder for Leicestershire with Rutland)
- 15:15 - Break
- 15:30 - Biological control of Floating pennywort using the South American weevil, Listronotus elongatus ~ Djami Djeddour, senior research scientist, CABI
- 16:00 - Q&A with afternoon speakers
- 16:30 - Finish (the meeting will be left live for a chance to socialise with other attendees).
This event is not being organised by the AES. The AES cannot guarantee the accuracy of event information for events organised by third-parties, you should contact the event organiser to confirm details.
Event organiser: British Dragonfly Society
Official Web site: https://british-dragonflies.org.uk/
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.