Buglife Open Day 2009
25 April 2009 08:30 - 15:00
Location: The Engine Group, 60 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7RT, UK.
Talks and exhibitions will be available all day and Buglife members and other guests will be able to drop in when it suits them and stay for as long as they like, although they are of course invited to come for the whole day!
Members and other guests can go to the talks they choose and there will be activities and displays available all day. We will have live bugs, interesting displays, and activities for children. The Buglife team will be there to talk to visitors about our conservation work, wildlife gardening and how they can get involved.
The programme of talks for the day is:
- 10:45 Welcome
- 11:00 Conserve bugs? Why on earth would you want to do that? By Matt Shardlow
- 12.00 Bug-hunting in the Antarctic - Hunting for aliens in South Georgia by Roger Key
- 12:45 Buffet lunch
- 13:45 Living roofs - High-rise homes for bugs by Jamie Roberts
- 14:45 Ponds, plants and places to live - An introduction to gardening for bugs by Alan Stubbs and Vicky Kindemba
- 15:45 Looking Forward and Close
Booking is essential.
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: Buglife
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.