British Entomological and Natural History Society AGM and Members' Day 2011
12 March 2011
Location: Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Parks Road, Oxford, Oxon, OX1 3PW, UK.
The Annual General Meeting reviews the activities of the British Entomological and Natural History Society over the preceding year before the President gives an address on a topic of his choice.
- 10.30 Arrive, coffee, display of exhibits (these may be of live or dead insects, photos, literature etc.)
- 11.00 Imaging down the scope, tips & tricks of digital micro-photography, Thomas J. Creedy (OUMNH)
- 11.30 Plant Pest Entomology at Fera, Sharon Reid (CSL, York)
- 12.00 Lycaenid interactions with ants, Professor Jeremy A. Thomas (Oxford University)
- 12.30 Buglife's activities, Matt Shardlow (Buglife)
- 13.00 Lunch (bring your own packed lunch or forage in one of the nearby pubs or eateries)
- 13.45 Introduction to the afternoon, Society notices and discussion of exhibits
- 14.00 Annual General Meeting with elections, reports and Presidential Address, Part 1
- 14.45 Intermission
- 15.00 Presidential Address, Part 2, given by Darren J. Mann, Oil beetles, past, present & future? Followed by the conclusion of the AGM
- 16.00 Tea
- 16.15 Tour of the entomological collections, led by Darren J. Mann
- 17.00 Close of meeting and depart
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: British Entomological and Natural History Society
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.