AES Members' Day and AGM 2013
27 April 2013 09:00 - 15:00
Location: M Shed, Princes Wharf, Wapping Road, Bristol, BS1 4RN, UK.
Our Members' Day will involve talks, workshops, displays, member exhibits, tours and a children's insect craft table.
The day will begin with a workshop in the M Shed, and tours of the museum. You can choose to attend either a workshop or a tour, or one tour and part of a workshop.
The morning workshop will test a new AidGap Key to all British slugs. Our feedback on the Key will be used to make any changes necessary to the Key. This workshop will be delivered by Ben Rowson, from our affiliates the Conchological Society, who is the national expert on this group of invertebrates, helped by Jim Turner from the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff. If you would like to take part in a workshop please book a place in advance by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AGM will last approximately 20 minutes. If you are interested in joining the AES council then you can stand at the AGM. Your Society needs people who are prepared to actively commit their energy, enthusiasm, experience or expertise - or all of the above! - to help move the Society forward.
Please note, the event will take place in the M Shed - tours will also be run at the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery during the morning but this is not the main location for the event.
- 10:00 - 12:00 Morning workshop (light refreshments provided; 2 sessions of 10 people each - please book in advance)
- 12:00 - 12:30 AES Annual General Meeting
- 12:30 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 1:10 George Spence: Glowworms
- 1:10 Natural Science Collections Officer: Entomology at Bristol Museum
- 1:30 Dr Sarah Beynon (Oxford University): "A Dung beetle discussion"
- 2:00 Refreshment break for networking and exploring the MShed
- 2:30 5th Annual Leonard Tesch Lecture
Professor John Cooper, Cambridge University - "Phasmids, Fleas and Fevers: a Naturalist and Vet at Home and Abroad"
- 3:30 Professor Richard Wall, University of Bristol: "Flies, flesh and forensics"
- 4:00 Closing remarks
This event was organised by the AES.
For further information please refer to the printed publications you have received (if you are a member) or contact us.
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.