Dipterists' Day, AGM and photographic workshop 2013
23 November 2013 10:00 - 24 November 2013 17:50
Location: Neil Chalmers Seminar Room, Natural History Museum, London, Cromwell Road London, SW7 5BD, UK
The annual general meeting of the Dipterists' Forum and also includes talks and a photographic workshop.
Dipterists Day Programme - Saturday 23 November
- 10:00 Museum opens, Assemble in the Neil Chalmers suite and set out exhibits
- 10:30 Introduction and welcome to the NHM - Duncan Sivell
- 10:45 The witness was a fly: the importance of Diptera in forensic entomology casework - Amoret Whitaker
- 11:15 The enigmatic biology of the Pallopteridae - Graham Rotheray
- 11:45 Tea & coffee break
- 12:00 Collecting and studying Sarcophagid flies - Daniel Whitmore
- 12:20 Tachinid Recording Scheme - Chris Raper & Matt Smith
- 12:40 The lake of flies and feathers: subsidies from saline lakes to their catchments - Phil Sanders
- 13:00 Lunch break - There are a number of cafes in the Museum where food can be bought and areas where a packed lunch can be eaten. A wider range of cafés is also available in South Kensington.
- 14:00 Judging of exhibits
- 14:15 Dipterists Forum Annual General Meeting
- 15:00 Presentation of award for best exhibit
- 15:15 Large herbivores and vegetation composition and structure: a more natural way to conserve Diptera - Keith Alexander
- 15:45 Tea & coffee break
- 16:00 Further discussion and mingling
- 16:30 Close of session - take exhibits down
- 16:45 Vacate Neil Chalmers suite, move to a local café or pub
- 17:50 Museum galleries close
- 18:30 Dipterists' Supper - An evening meal will be booked at a local restaurant, please contact Duncan Sivell in advance of the meeting if you wish to attend the Dipterists' Supper.
Workshop and collection study programme - Sunday 24 November
- 10:00 Museum opens - Assemble in Angela Marmont Centre - Tea & coffee readily available
- 10:30 Access to Diptera collections
- 11:00 Workshop on photographing Diptera - Stuart Ball
- 13:00 Lunch -There are a number of cafes in the Museum where food can be bought and areas where a packed lunch can be eaten. A wider range of cafés is also available in South Kensington.
- 16:00 Wind down and vacate Angela Marmont Centre
- 17:50 Museum closes to the public
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: Dipterists' Forum
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.