11th Coleopterists' Day
01 February 2014 10:00 - 16:00
Location: Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PW, UK.
In partnership with the British Entomological and Natural History Society and the Biological Records Centre
No booking required, unless access is required for a specific collection/archive.
There is no public parking at the Museum (see Travel below).
- 10.00 - Arrival tea / coffee / biscuits
- 10.30 - Beetles on RSPB Reserves - Andy Skinner
- 11.00 - Update on the Chrysomelidae Recording Scheme - Dave Hubble
- 11.30 - Ladybirds: interactions with habitat and climate - Helen Roy
- 12.00 - Break
- 12.15 - Water beetles and the causes of rarity - Dave Bilton
- 12.45 - Making the invisible visible - monitoring Elater ferrugineus in the UK using pheromones - Deborah Harvey
- 13.30-14.30 - Lunch
- Access to the Hope Entomological Collections from 14.00 onwards
- Contact James Hogan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Entomological Library will open from 14.00-16.00pm
- Contact Kathleen Santry email@example.com
- 14.30 - Workshop 1. Staphylinidae dissection - Roger Booth
- 15.00 - Workshop 2. Dung Beetle ID/Dissection - Darren J. Mann
Workshops - please bring along your own material
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: British Entomological and Natural History Society and the Biological Records Centre
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.