AES Members' Day and AGM 2014
03 May 2014 10:00 - 17:00
Location: Haslemere Museum, 78 High St, Haslemere GU27 2LA, UK.
Final details of the 2014 members' day are yet to be confirmed but a provisional agenda is provided - the day usually includes talks, workshops, displays, member exhibits, tours and a children's insect craft table.
The AGM will last approximately 20 minutes. If you are interested in joining the AES council then you can stand at the AGM. Your Society needs people who are prepared to actively commit their energy, enthusiasm, experience or expertise - or all of the above! - to help move the Society forward.
- 10:00 Museum opens
- 10:00 - 12:00 An opportunity for early arrivals to explore the museum and observation beehive
- 12:00 - 12:30 AES Annual General Meeting
- 12:30 - 1:15 Break for lunch
- 1:15 Gardiner Award 2013: Presentation of prizes
- Age under 9 - Equal first - Ben Gubb and Mridul Mahendroo
- Age 9-13 - Sophie Brown
- Age over 13 - First prize Imogen Robertson
- Highly Commended: Rachel McLeod
- 1:25 [Museum speaker: TBD]
- 1:50 Paul Brock: Amazing Insects
- 2:20 Refreshment break - Networking - Explore displays
- 2:50 7th Annual Leonard Tesch Lecture: Dr Alan Stewart, University of Sussex: Leafhoppers
- 3:30 Member presentations: This time slot has been left open for the benefit of any members (including Bug Clubbers) who would like to give a presentation or show and talk about any entomological exhibit
- 4:00 Closing remarks; further exploration of museum / networking
- 5:00 The museum closes at 5:00 pm
This event was organised by the AES.
For further information please refer to the printed publications you have received (if you are a member) or contact us.
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.