13 April 2016 09:00 - 17:00
Location: Harper Adams University, Shropshire, UK
EntoSci16 is the world's first entomological conference for schools, where the delegates are the pupils themselves. The conference is for school groups of Key Stage 4 - Key Stage 5 pupils (age 14-18). Places are FREE and all lunch/refreshments are provided for pupils and teachers (booking is essential).
Topics covered will include:
- a session with TV's Stefan Gates
- Bugs & Beetles: being an entomologist - with Maxwell Barclay, Dr Richard Comont, Darren Mann, Prof Helen Roy and Dr Andrew Salisbury
- Maggots & Murders: entomology in forensics - with Dr Amoret Whitaker and Dr Erica McAlister.
- Discover Arthropods: live handling - with Dr Tim Cockerill and Graham and Janice Smith.
- Careers & Soapbox Scientists: discover career paths within entomology.
Dr George McGavin - renowned explorer, entomologist and zoologist, is patron of the event. He is an accomplished broadcaster having made many programmes for the BBC including the phenomenally successful Lost Lands expedition series. George is also a regular contributor to The One Show (BBC1) & recently presented the Radio 4 programme The Etymology of Entomology.
This event was not organised by the AES. Please contact the event organiser if you have any queries.
Event organiser: Harper Adams University
Add event to - requires a Google Calendar account and for you to be logged in.
Instructions on importing this event into your calendar.
Events listings are also available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.