Help out with National BioBlitz
Published: 17 March 2010
The National BioBlitz is all about volunteers, scientists, naturalists, wildlife enthusiasts, school groups, students and members of the public working together to find as many different species as possible within the a natural area - all whilst racing against the clock!
With over 14 events happening across the UK, can you help a BioBlitz near you by exploring for wildlife and sharing any knowledge you have about nature with the public? Volunteers will be needed for the following roles at each event:
- Naturalists will be crucial in helping us to find and identify species within the estate and to engage the public in wildlife identification and recording.
- Guides will share knowledge and interpret ID keys alongside members of the public and identify species to as best a level as possible. These can then be verified in further detail by someone with more expertise back at Base Camp so the pressure is off!
- Stewards will be the backbone of the event, engaging with schools, students, the public, and of course your area’s diverse natural spectrum.
- Media Volunteers will manage the technical side of the web link up on site and report online of any finds made.
- Liaisons will be essential in promoting the National BioBlitz Programme through University networks and will involve liaising with local BioBlitz organisers and helping to facilitate volunteering in your area.
To register sign-up at: http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/bnhc/bioblitzuk
Return to the main news page.
This information is available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.