Council is the management team of the Society which runs day to day affairs and determines long term policies. There are up to 18 members of council at any one time, and members are elected for three year terms at the Annual General Meetings. At the end of their term members of council may stand for re-election.
Some of the members of council are also elected to serve as officers of the Society such as the Secretary and Treasurer. Council is managed by the President who takes the Chair at council meetings and at the Annual General Meeting. The President is elected at an Annual General Meeting for a period of up to three years.
- Officers - elected council members of the Society and their office where appropriate
- Committees - the committees of the Society
- Constitution - the constitution of the Amateur Entomologists' Society
- Volunteering - how you can help the AES
- Conservation representatives - the representatives monitor invertebrate conservation in their area but are not members of council
- AES Ambassadors - information on how you can become an ambassador for the AES