Butterfly Explorers opens
Published: 07 April 2010
The Natural History Museum in London has opened a magnificent butterfly house; visitors can explore habitats and continents across the world and discover the spectacular butterflies that live there.
Butterfly Explorers is on the Museum's east lawn and features:
- expedition passport given at the entrance to stamp at borders on the trail
- butterfly house filled with 100s of live butterflies, and a feeding table
- 4 different habitat zones in the butterfly house: South America, North America, Asia and Africa
- 2 hatchery windows to observe pupae and emerging butterflies
- outdoor British garden with tips on how to attract butterflies at home
- maze, tree-house and play area in the outdoor garden
- fun interactive activities and colourful information panels throughout
- shop with great gifts for butterfly fans
Butterfly Explorers is suitable for families and children aged 5 to 11 and open daily from 10.00 - 17.50 between 8 April - 26 September 2010.
Adult senior £4
Return to the main news page.
This information is available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.