A Handbook for Lepidopterists now published
Published: 15 May 2014
The AES is delighted to announce the publication of the third edition of "A Handbook for Lepidopterists".
The last edition of the handbook (published in 1992) went out of print in 2005 and since then there have been huge advances in the study of Lepidoptera. This completely new edition includes many new topics, is almost twice the size of the last edition and contains many colour and black & white plates.
The book is available now from our online shop priced at £19 for members of the AES and £25 for non-members.
The chapters within this new edition are:
- Basic field equipment
- Field methods
- Moth trapping
- Breeding considerations
- Adult to Ova
- Preparing the collection
- Housing the collection
- Pest control in the collection
- Appendix 1: Entomological societies
- Appendix 2: Entomological journals
- Appendix 3: Entomological dealers
- Appendix 4: Lepidoptera collections
- Appendix 5: Code of conduct for insect collecting
- Appendix 6: Recommended further reading
- Appendix 7: Local moth recorders by vice county
- Appendix 8: Butterfly local recording contacts and organisers
Return to the main news page.
This information is available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.