Natural England Learning & Education Workshop attendance
Published: 10 October 2007
Dafydd Lewis represented the AES at the Natural England Learning & Education Workshop. It was a facilitated session involving remixed teams at every stage, which can be summarised chronologically as follows:
- Everyone wrote their names and affiliations on a whiteboard and drew links to see which organisations were linked to others. There were many links, in the case of the AES links went to the RES, the public, the Field Studies Council and Liverpool Museums.
- A brainstorming session of main issues needing to be addressed under each strategic aspect of Natural England. The suggestions were then categorised and gap analysis performed.
- There were then presentations on each of the organisations present and what they do in terms of education and learning. This was a good opportunity to display the Bug Club Magazine and to hand out some copies and publicity materials.
- We then had an electronic voting session on Natural England issues
- Final comments from everyone regarding impressions of the day and each organisation's "message to Natural England"
We will be kept updated as to their strategy process and its implementation and will be invited back at the implementation stage.
Return to the main news page.
This information is available as an RSS newsfeed. Information on how you can use our newsfeeds is available.