December 2017 Bulletin cover showing the Wart-biter Bush-cricket (Decticus verrucivorus).
The Bulletin of the Amateur Entomologists' Society is the Society's high-quality, house journal. Published four times a year, the journal contains articles written by members on all aspects of entomology.
The Society is keen to maintain high standards for the Bulletin and welcomes submissions from all members. If you wish to discuss a potential topic for an article, please contact us.
We are unable to send out free/example copies of the Bulletin. The AES is a registered charity and the cost of sending out free copies to non-members is prohibitively expensive. Please consider supporting our society by becoming a member. That way you'll get the Bulletin and all the other benefits of membership.
Contents of the most recent issue
- Society Matters
- Annual Exhibition 30th September 2017
- Prize giving by Dr John Muggleton
- Silkworms and silkmoths - Spinning a yarn - part 2 - Shaw, S.
- Cameras for Field Naturalists - Merrifield, K.
- Obituary of Basil Hubert Harley - Lewis, D.
- Obituary of Vic Measday - Hart, C.
- More thoughts from Portugal - our holiday in the Algarve, 1-8 October 2017 - Keen, D.
- A question of numbers: The Dung Beetle Geotrupes stercorarius - Gosling, J.
- Colin Hart. Field meeting to Mount Caburn and Malling Down, near Lewes, East Sussex, 19 August 2017 - Hart, C.
- Field Meeting at Rye Harbour reserve, October 2017 - McCulloch, J.
- Book Review - Children's books for the festive season - Lewis, D.
- Book Review - Mariposas Nocturnas, Moths of Central and South America, A Study in Beauty and Diversity - Broome, G.
- Book Review - An Introduction to the Wildlife of Cyprus - Hodge, P.
- Book Review - Naturalists' Handbooks 34: Leaf beetles - Hodge, P.
- Letter - The Elephant and Castle butterfly count - Crawford, A.