How to join
You can join the Amateur Entomologists' Society and Bug Club in three ways but the first step is decide what type of membership you require. Membership is available in four different categories.
Once you've decided what category is most appropriate choose how you'd like to join the society:
- Join online - this is by far the easiest way to join. You can select the type of membership you require from within our shop and pay online using PayPal. Full instructions on how to join online are provided.
- Join by post - it is possible to join the society by downloading, printing and completing an application form. This can then be sent with either a cheque or your credit card details to the society. Full instructions on how to join by post are provided.
- Gift membership - why not buy gift membership to the AES or Bug Club for a friend or someone in your family? It's the perfect present for anyone interested in insects.
- Renew your membership - information on how to renew your AES membership.
- Upgrade your membership - information on how to change or upgrade your membership type. For example, if you currently receive only the AES Bulletin but would also like the Entomologist's Record.
- Set up a Standing Order - how to pay your AES subscription by Standing Order.
- Why can't I have a year's membership from the date I join? - information on what happens when you join part way through the year.
- Join the Bug Club from the USA - information for people from the USA wishing to enrol either themselves or their children in the Bug Club.
- Gift aid declaration - if you are a UK tax payer, and have not already confirmed that the Society can claim Gift Aid on your membership, please complete a Gift Aid declaration.
- Join at an event - if you attend one of our events (or an event we are attending) then you can join in person. Details of upcoming AES events are available on the Web site and don't forget that we have a Annual Exhibition and Trade Fair in the autumn every year.