Glossary terms beginning with Y
- Y chromosome
- a sex chromosome. Males have one copy of this chromosome in their genome. Females have no Y chromosome.
Read more on: Y chromosome
- Yellow dung fly
- a common fly around dung. The adults are predatory and the larvae feed on dung.
Read more on: Yellow dung fly
- Yellow fever
- a virus transmitted by mosquitoes.
Read more on: Yellow fever
- Yellow jacket
- cf. Vespidae - insects in the family Vespidae within the Order Hymenoptera. They are more commonly known as the social wasps.
- Young insect
- cf. Larva - the juvenile form of an insect.
Back to Glossary