Renew your membership
AES and Bug Club membership runs from January to December. Membership renewal notices are sent out with the October Bulletin, Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation and/or Bug Club Magazine. Renewals can be done by post or online using our online shop.
Renewing by post
Postal renewals can be done by completing (with payment if appropriate) and returning the form you receive with your publications. If you pay by Standing Order and the cost of membership has changed please make sure you update your Standing Order.
If you have lost the renewal form or did not receive one then you can download a new copy (290K, PDF).
- Visit our online shop
- Go to the "Membership and renewals" section.
- Select the type of membership you wish to renew (for example "Adult or family membership") and select the journals you want to receive
- Add the 'membership' to your basket and then go through the first part of the checkout process (if you have an existing shop account you can use this, or you can create a new shop account or checkout as a 'guest')
- On step 2 of the checkout process tick the 'I am renewing my membership' checkbox and also enter your membership number in the box marked "Additional information". If you do not know your membership number then please enter your postcode instead.
- If you are a UK tax payer please consider selecting the Gift aid checkbox as this allows the AES to claim tax back on any qualifying payments you make to the AES.
- Confirm that you have read the shop's terms and conditions and also make sure your billing/delivery address is correct. Press the "Go to PayPal" button
- You will now be taken to the PayPal Web site to make your payment. The Amateur Entomologists' Society uses PayPal to ensure the security of your transaction.
- If you already have a PayPal account you can log in and pay as usual. If you do not have a PayPal account you can either create an account or pay using a credit card without creating a PayPal account.
- Once you have made your payment you will be returned to the AES shop and will see confirmation of your order.
- You will also receive an email from the AES and one from PayPal confirming the order and payment respectively.